Preparing for the LSLS Certification Exam
The following resources will help LSL Specialist candidates prepare for the high stakes certification exam.
- Know that all nine Domains of Knowledge for Listening and Spoken Language Specialist Certification are included on the certification exam.
- Use the LSL Specialist Exam Blueprint to view the knowledge and skills statements that are included in the nine Domains of Knowledge. The exam does not include content from every knowledge and skills statement. However, the Blueprint reflects the comprehensive knowledge and skills needed by a Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (Cert. AVT and Cert. AVEd) as confirmed through a practice analysis survey of certified LSL Specialists. Use the Terms List as a companion resource to the Exam Blueprint.
- View the AG Bell Academy Suggested References for LSLS Certification Examination Preparation. The Academy recognizes that there is an extensive body of excellent resources now available to LSL Specialists. The suggested references list includes general overview sources for professionals who are preparing to take the examination. This list may be updated as new editions or comparative sources become available. Note: The listing of these references is intended for use as study aids only. The Academy does not intend for this list to be exhaustive or to imply endorsement of these specific references, nor are all test items taken from these sources.
- Make the most of working with your certified LSLS mentor or mentors by receiving feedback via the Attachment F-1 and discussion with mentor(s) for each of your 20 required mentored sessions. Apply that feedback by being intentional about developing your LSL practice knowledge and skills across your certification period.
- Consider taking the AG Bell Academy Practice Examination. The Practice Examination is designed to mirror the LSLS certification exam in style and question format as well as LSLS domain content. The test is helpful in providing the test taker familiarity with the exam format, but should not be viewed as an indicator as an indicator of a candidate’s overall preparedness for the real LSLS exam. Contact the AG Bell Academy for access to the Practice Examination.